Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Credentials - Luke 9:29,35

"And as he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothing became dazzling white... Then a voice from the cloud said, `This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to him.'" Luke 9:29, 35

It seems that throughout chapter 9, Jesus' divinity is being established. He asks his disciples, "Who do people say I am?" He asks Peter, "Who do you say I am?" There is the transfiguration described in vs 29 that we can compare to a very similar verse in Revelation, "And standing in the middle of the lampstands was the Son of Man... His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow... And his eyes were bright like flames of fire." Rev 1:13-14 Then, of course, we have God himself telling us specifically who Jesus is (from a cloud) - quite definitive! This is a chapter of the divine being revealed to humanity, and mankind's general inability to handle it; I am not sure my response would have been much better!

Jesus, thank you for leaving no doubt as to who you are.

Today's reading: Ezra 4; Ps. 113, 127; Lk. 9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home