Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Hero - Job 1:20

"I came naked from my mother's womb, and I will be stripped of everything when I die. The Lord gave me everything I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!" Job 1:20

OK, Job is my new hero. Not because I want to be tested in this way, but because I want my response to be like his in the face of EXTREME adversity. There are SO many lessons I can learn. Everything he did was proactive--even when something was done to him, he didn't REACT like a victim; instead, he ACTED the way he knew God would expect. Even if that meant doing nothing. First and foremost he, "feared God and stayed away from evil," a great foundation to lay for life in general; he took responsibility for his kids' spiritual lives by praying for them in case they unwknowingly sinned; he refused to blame God for his circumstances; but above it all, he maintained his perspective on his position relative to God's--God is God and I am not, he knows what is right, he makes the decisions, and I am OK with that whatever the outcome. Talk about a yielded life! He makes a statement at the end of verse 10, "...Should we accept only good things from God and never anything bad?" THIS IS AFTER HE LOST EVERYTHING!! Wow! How do you do this??

God, please help me, I am a worm. As my friend Neal would say, we suck and should be grease stains on the pavement.

Today's reading: Job 1, 2; Acts 6, 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home