Monday, June 18, 2007

Choice - Col. 3:12

From yesterday's reading:

"Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Col. 3:12

We are being renewed day by day to be more like Christ, and someday all of the above will come easily to me. Until then, these attitudes are daily choices for me. "Clothes" I must still put on--they don't always fit real well, but they feel better everyday I wear them. I am confident that this is the changed heart that Christ desires. Not a heart that is transformed overnight (though parts of it might be), but one that desires change, and allows the Holy Spirit to affect the attitudes that ultimately cause change."

Lord, help me to always continue to run the race, ever straining forward and most especially not falling back...

Today's reading: 1Ki. 20-21; 2Chr. 17; Col. 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home