Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Abandoned - 2Ch. 7:19-20

"But if you abandon me and disobey the laws and commands I have given you, and if you go and worship other gods, then I will uproot the people of Israel from this land of mine that I have given them. I will reject this Temple that I have set apart to honor my name. I will make it a spectacle of contempt among the nations." 2Ch. 7:19-20

Here God prescribes the consequences for Israel if they were to be disobedient, and sadly, this is EXACTLY what has happened! In fact, the Temple (after being destroyed and reconstructed several times in different ways and for different reasons) remains a "spectacle of contempt among the nations" to this day. And Israel still isn't even remotely close to being the people that God set them apart to be! I am sure that David and Solomon could never have envisioned a set of circumstances that could bring Israel and their beloved Temple to where it is today. Kind of reminds me of the foundational principles that this country was built on, and where we are today!

God, I pray the your Kingdom come soon!

Today's reading: 2Ch. 6, 7; ; Ps. 135; Rom. 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home