Thursday, July 12, 2007

Father God - Heb. 8:10, 12

From 7/11/07 reading:

"I will put my law in their minds so they will understand them, and I will write them on their hearts so they will obey them. I will be their God, and they will be my people... And I will forgive their wrongdoings, and I will never again remember their sins." Heb. 8:10, 12

I absolutely love this set of verses! I just feel the love of my Father God coming off the pages, it is like him saying, "you kids never have to worry, I will take care of everything--I've got it handled." No more works, performance or sacrifices necessary--by Christ's singular work, I am adopted into God's family forever! I am one of the royal kids, loved and protected by the God of the universe--what could I ever fear?! This is all God ever wanted to do for his children; how incredibly disappointing it must have been for him to see Israel reject him and turn to idols. That was the anger, this is the love.

Father God, thank you for being such a loving dad. Thank you for adopting me into your family, thank you for giving me EVERYTHING I need to be your representative while I am here on earth. Thank you for reserving a place for all of eternity with you.

Today's reading: Is. 8-10; Heb. 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home