Thursday, September 28, 2006

If God Is For Me... Zech 3:1-2

"Satan was there at the angel's right hand, accusing Jeshua of many things. And the Lord said to Satan, `I the Lord, reject your accusations, Satan. Yes, the Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebukes you. This man is like a burning stick that has been snatched from the fire.'" Zech 3:1-2

What a fantastic picture of my God! Standing up for me (yes, I will make that connection!) against Satan's lies and accusations, choosing me to be adopted into his family and saving me from certain destruction - I was a burning stick and he snatched from the fire. Thank you God! So what does God ask of me in return for this great gift he has given? Accepting him as God goes without saying, but Jesus made a statement in today's reading that comments on this, "But even more blessed are all those who hear the word of God and put it into practice." Lk. 11:28

God, show me every day how you want me to affect the world around me for you.

Today's reading: Zech. 1-3; Lk. 11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home