Saturday, October 21, 2006

No Win Situation? - Job 9:21-24

"I am innocent, but it makes no difference to me--I despise my life. Innocent or wicked, it is all the same to him. That is why I say, `He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.' He laughs when a plague suddenly destroys the innocent. The whole earth is in the hands of the wicked, and God blinds the eyes of the judges and lets them be unfair. If not he than who?" Job 9:21-24

A no win situation? I am sure that is how Job was feeling. His depression is setting in here, it is obvious from today's reading that all hope is lost to him. Even of death, he says that it is a place of "darkness and utter gloom." In this mental state, he still probes even the most difficult issues of faith. Like Solomon, essentially he asks, "What is the point of it all?" WHY is it that the righteous are treated no better than the wicked? Sometimes even worse! It doesn't feel fair or just, yet it HAS to be God that allows it. "IF NOT HE THEN WHO?" I have no answers, and if I allow myself to go down this path I feel Satan taking a foothold. Wisdom dictates, at least for me, to stay away from issues that I cannot get answers to in this lifetime.

Jesus, protect my heart and mind from what, I KNOW, are Satan's tactics.

Today's reading: Job 9.10; Acts 13, 14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home