Friday, February 02, 2007

Peace Treaties - Ex. 34:12-17

I usually only post once a day, but I was torn--God was having me focus on two different scriptures. See the next post for what was actually my first post of the day. But I just could not ignore this verse in Exodus given what we are seeing happen in the Middle East today. I encourage you to read 12-17 keeping in mind the decisions that Israel is currently making. Here is an excerpt:

"Be very careful never to make treaties with the people in the land where you are going. If you do, you will soon be following their evil ways... You must worship no other Gods, but only the Lord, for he is a God who is passionate about his relationship with you."

He concludes with vs. 27:

"Write down all these instructions, for they represent the terms of my covenant with you and with Israel."

"Terms" represent an agreement or CONTRACT to me, and they were ACCEPTED by Israel. The question is, are they living up to the terms? What does God say the consequences will be? Man, it's all there in black and white! Seems clear to me, but who am I?

God forgive all of us for being so weak and worldly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home