Monday, January 29, 2007

Fallen Nature - Ps. 14:2-3

"The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if there is even one with real understanding, one who seeks for God. But no, all have turned away from God; all have become corrupt. No one does good, not even one!" Ps. 14:2-3

This verse puts a lot into perspective for me. It definitely hammers home the point about how much weight our works here on earth carry with God -- in terms of salvation, ZERO. When God looks down at earth, he either sees Jesus (those who are saved) or evil, nothing in between. Seems harsh, but that is what you get when you put humans face to face with God -- the ultimate mismatch; and without Jesus, our fallen nature condemns us. There is no getting around how definitive the conclusion is, "No one does good, NOT EVEN ONE!" Doesn't leave much room for the idea that "good people go to heaven."

Thank you Jesus for loving me enough to pay the ultimate price. I know I can NEVER repay you, all I can do is love you and do my best to obey what you ask me to do. Help me to always hear you clearly.

Today's reading: Ex. 23, 24; Ps. 14; Acts 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home