Sunday, January 28, 2007

You're Not The Boss of Me - Acts 4:19

"Do you think God wants us to obey you rather than him?" Acts 4:19

In other words, God's the boss, not the world around us. I went through this paradigm shift a long time ago, but have to fight daily to keep that perspective alive and in charge. I always feel that it shouldn't be so hard, but I guess that's one of the reasons Jesus said that the path is narrow. Especially in my thoughts; I have my actions in way better control than my mind. I may look like the good Christian on the outside, but on the inside I am a selfish, murdering, slandering, idolatrous (and the list goes on) heathen. I totally relate to Paul when he says, "I love the Lord with all my heart, but there is another law at work in me that wages war with my mind." Rom. 7:22 God's definitely the boss, I'm just not always the model employee.

God, thank you for loving me even though...

Today's reading: Ex. 21, 22; Ps. 12; Acts 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home