Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Bottom Line - Job 19: 25-27

"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he will stand upon the earth at last... Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought." Job 19: 25-27

Job's focus totally amazes me! Earlier in this chapter, he just got done saying that God has stripped him, demolished him, and considers him his enemy -- that his fury burns against him! Yet his focus is one of total focus on the bottom line; that no matter what, that God id God and he is not. That God may destroy him, and that he has the right to if he wants -- he is still God, and his promise of redemption holds. This is all that Job focuses on. Wow! What we can learn from this today! Where we allow circumstances dictate what we believe about God. We will say, "God did this, so therefore..." Baloney! God is the same, today and forever -- we are the ones that change!

Jesus, in the midst of wildly volatile circumstances, keep my focus on what I KNOW to be true about you.

Today's reading: Job 19; Mk. 1,2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home