Friday, October 27, 2006

No Matter The Circumstance - Acts 26:22

"But God protected me so that I am still alive today to tell these facts to everyone, from the least to the greatest." Acts 26:22

Paul seems to have no delusions about what his purpose is -- to preach the gospel, no matter the circumstance. Too often I allow my circumstances to dictate my thoughts about success or failure. In reality, success and failure can only be measured by God and HIS standards -- circumstances, in the grand scheme, being irrelevant. In my mind, Paul being imprisoned, beaten, ostracized, etc., would be considered a "bad" thing. Yet Paul sees it as opportunity to share the Truth. God is in control, he is only an instrument. If only I could hold on to that purity of thought and purpose. The world, however, too easily distracts me. I want success by the world's standards -- is that what God wants? Do my circumstances matter? I want to say no, but I know the answer is really yes.

Jesus, why does this have to be so hard.

Today's reading: Job 17; Acts 24-26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home