Wednesday, October 25, 2006

An Example - Acts 20: 26, 27

"I have been faithful. No one's damnation can be blamed on me. For I didn't shrink back from declaring all that God wants for you." Acts 20: 26, 27

What stands out to me in Acts 20 is Paul's absolute confidence in his walk. Here is a man who, a very short time ago, was hunting down Christians with a vengeance to kill; who stood by while Stephen was stoned. He speaks now, in chapter 20, with absolute confidence in the example he has set for the apostles to follow! If there was ever a man with baggage from his past, this would have to be him! I am sure he has regrets, maybe even ashamed at times, he is only human. But he does not let this hold him back from what he knows GOD is calling him to -- he is going to stay in the game! I am sure Satan worked overtime on him (what was the thorn in his side?), but Paul refused to be taken out. Definitely an example we need in the church today.

God, help me to see me only as you do. Both the world and I have faulty vision, susceptible to influence.

Today's reading: Job 15; Acts 19, 20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home