Thursday, November 16, 2006

Reflection - 2Cor. 6:3

"We try to live in such a way that no one will be hindered from finding the Lord by the way we act, and so no one can find fault with our ministry." 2Cor. 6:3

Today's readings talk about the transforming work of Christ being such that we are no longer the same person we used to be, we are a completely new creation. This new creation will increasingly reflect Christ more and more, until the only thing that the world sees when it looks at this person is Christ. No longer is there an effort to satisfy self, anything we do is what Christ wants us to do. Wow! Another incredibly convicting set of verses. My only hope is if this is a process. Like sanctification, we are all a work in progress, on a continuum of sorts. I continue to struggle with my worldly desires -- though I see these desires dim as I draw closer to God, they are still there.

I truly want to be able to say that the way I live my life will hinder no one from seeing Christ. That EVERYTHING I do is ONLY what Christ wants me to do. But I know that this is not the case, I am way too weak in SO many areas of my life. I am more likely to reflect, "The spirit is willing but the body is weak," or, "I believe, help me in my unbelief." Sad but true. In 2Cor. 6, Paul describes a perfectly surrendered and yielded life. One that puts ZERO value on life here, in anticipation of our eternal life in our "real" home with Christ. Where we are willing to take ridicule and abuse as long as the message is communicated accurately. Where we "live by believing and not by seeing." I have a ways to go on the continuum; I wonder what I reflect in the meantime?

God, even though I am nowhere near where I know you want me to be, at the very least help me to not slip backward, always progressing forward -- no matter how slowly.

Today's reading: 2Cor. 3-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home