Monday, November 13, 2006

No Words - Job 40:1-5

"Then the Lord said to Job, `Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God's critic, but do you have the answers?'" "Then Job replied to the Lord, `I am nothing--how could I ever find the answer?... I have nothing more to say." Job 40:1-5

What other response could any human being have? Any amount of righteousness you might feel, I'm sure evaporates in the presence of God. Even if Job was right (God did not exactly say he was wrong), God's point is that he is in no position to argue with God. That our words are indeed ignorant because our perspective is SO limited as to what God is REALLY doing. We just CANNOT know! I think our response can be no more than Mary's when she found out she was going to have a child. "I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants." Lk. 1:38

God, I pray that I never give Satan a foothold because of my pride.

Today's reading: Job 39, 40; 1Cor. 13, 14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home