Thursday, November 09, 2006

Who's The Judge? - Job 34:7, 10; 1Cor. 4:5

"Has there ever been a man as arrogant as Job, with his thirst for irreverent talk?... The Almighty can do no wrong. He repays people according to their deeds." Job 34:7, 10

"So be careful not to jump to conclusions before the Lord returns as to whether or not someone is faithful." 1Cor. 4:5

I can just imagine how confused Job must have been. I am sure that he had been raised with the same theology as what Elihu cited in Job 34, but I also believe that somehow, deep down, Job KNEW he was right before God. Now, there was no Holy Spirit then, but the Spirit was dispensed on a selective basis -- I believe Job had it. He did not have the benefit of the New Testement to tell him that deeds don't govern circumstances, but I believe God blessed him with the Holy Spirit. If this is the case, as stated earlier in 1 Cor., Job KNEW the mind of God; this gave him the confidence that Elihu sees as arrogance. I realize that this all sounds like speculation, but it is what the Spirit tells ME.

Thank you God for your Holy Spirit.

Today's reading: Job 34; 1Cor. 4-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home