Saturday, November 11, 2006

Eternal Prize - 1Cor. 10:27; 11:19

"I discipline my body like an athlete training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." 1Cor. 10:27

"But, of course, there must be divisions among you so those of you who are right will be recognized!" 1Cor. 11:19

After dealing with yesterday's verse and today's, I am recognizing that living the way God REALLY wants me to takes enormous discipline -- like an athlete training to WIN, not just participate. It is more discipline than I have been willing to impose to date. Am I just a participant? What is God calling me to? One thing I know is that I disqualify myself far too often after I have preached the Truth. Without greater discipline, I fear that the risk is great; in fact, I am confident that based on 1Cor. 11:19, ultimately, church splits are caused by poorly trained "athletes."

Jesus, give me the endurance to run the race to win, not just participate.

Today's reading: Ps. 122; 1Cor. 9-11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home