Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Possibilities - Acts 12:6

"The night before Peter was to be put on trial, he was asleep, chained between two soldiers, with others standing guard at the prison gate." Acts 12:6

From a human point of view, I would describe Peter's situation as hopeless. Herod was all about public displays that would improve his popularity. He had just had James put to death, now it was Peter's turn. The account of Peter's miraculous deliverance from prison was written, I believe, to specifically teach that there is nothing impossible when God is involved. Peter is as much sentenced to death, guarded by Roman soldiers inside and outside his cell who will themselves be killed if Peter escapes. Yet, with the help of an angel, Peter simply walks out--past soldiers and through locked doors--NEVER lose hope! How often do I gauge what is possible simply in human terms, effectively putting God in a box of my own construction. God wants me to see that, if he wants it to happen, ANYTHING is possible.

God, PLEASE increase my faith and vision. Let me be more like Caleb and Joshua, who clearly understood who was in charge, regardless of how the circumstances LOOKED.

Today's reading: Ex. 39, 40; Ps. 15; Acts 12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home