Sunday, September 16, 2007

Home - Rev. 21:1-6

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, 'Look, the home of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever.' And the one sitting on the throne said, 'Look, I am making all things new!' And then he said to me, 'Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.' And he also said, 'It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega--the Beginning and the End.'" Rev. 21:1-6

I have always felt that Rev. 21 is not read enough (ever?) in church. THIS is what it is all about!! This is what God has promised us, this is what HE HIMSELF has prepared for us... US! If you ever felt unworthy before, this takes it to a whole new level. It is just an overwhelming set of verses to me...

God, you are the Lord of Lords and King of Kings! Creator of the universe and of ALL things... You are my Father, my Savior, my Friend. I will ALWAYS praise you!

Today's reading: Ezek. 40, 41; Ps. 128; Rev. 21

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Terry said...

And what begin long ago in the garden is finally, finished the rebellion is over. All things are NEW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home