Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stand Up... Be Noticed - Dan. 3:18

"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn't, Your Majesty can be sure that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up." Dan. 3:18

Wow! Is this a bold statement or what? This verse speaks to me on so many levels: We are called to be different, a people "set apart" for God's own purpose -- Am I REALLY willing? Here are three guys who hold a very high office in the kingdom, and they are going to openly disobey the king, at the risk of death, simply because God told them not to bow down to an idol? Would I have the courage? Would I try to rationalize? Am I REALLY willing to be seen as different? What idols are already standing between me and God? What about the statement, "But even if he doesn't..."? I have been blessed with the gift of faith, but this is where the rubber meets the road. When your life is at risk, you find out how strongly you truly believe. Would I be able to make this statement? I would like to believe that my faith is that strong, then at the same time pray that God never feels the need to test me. Even if I was strong enough to give up my own life, what about my wife or kids? What if their lives were being threatened? Would I cave? Again, I pray that I am not out to the test.

Jesus, you know I love you. I praise you and thank you for being my one and only God. Thank you for sending your Holy Spirit--thank you for the gift of faith you have blessed me with. You are an AWESOME God, and I serve only you.

Today's reading: Dan:3-4; Ps. 81; Rev. 17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home