Friday, August 24, 2007

A Loving Father - Jer. 31:1-2

From yesterday's reading:

"'In that day,' says the Lord, 'I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people. I will care for the survivors as they travel through the wilderness. I will again come to give rest to the people of Israel.'" Jer. 31:1-2

"'Is not Israel still my son, my darling child?' asks the Lord. I had to punish him, but I still love him. I long for him and surely will have mercy on him.'" Jer. 31:20

What a refreshing chapter! After all the destruction and punishment that God promises earlier in the book, we see the love of a father being expressed by God. Even though it is hard to digest his anger, it is equally as hard to comprehend his love.

Lord, thank you for your unfailing love and mercy.

Today's reading: Jer. 31-32: 1Jn. 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home