Tuesday, September 11, 2007

He Alone... - Dan. 2:20-21

"...for he alone has all wisdom and power. He determines the course of world events; he removes kings and sets others on the throne." Dan. 2:20-21

As I watch world events unfold, sometimes I forget that it is God who is orchestrating them, "...for HE ALONE has all wisdom and power. HE DETERMINES the course of world events..." This emphasizes at least two things for me: 1. Man is but a bit player in a production that God both wrote and continues to direct--we are called to play our roles to the best of our abilities, but contrary to what we might think, we have, if anything, a very minor impact on the final outcome; 2. God IS in control and he HAS a plan. Sometimes I feel like retreating from life and becoming a kid again, where I don't have any real responsibilities and someone else makes all the plans. I believe that GOD wans to be that "someone else" in our lives. Just do what he asks us to do, do it to the best of our abilities, and HE will take care of the rest. has made all the arrangements, HE has the plan.

Lord, thank you for having the master plan, help me to actually believe that more often in my daily life!

Today's reading: Dan. 1, 2; Rev. 16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home