Monday, October 02, 2006

God's Heart - Part 2: Lk. 15:31

"His father said to him, `Look dear son, you and I are very close, and everything I have is yours. We had to celebrate this happy day, for your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost, but now has been found.'" Lk. 15:31

There are so many stories in the bible where it seems that I can relate more to the person who is being taught the lesson--this is one of them. I have this part of me that, like the older brother, says this is not "fair." Why should the younger brother's poor judgement and disobedience be rewarded? What about all my hard work and faithfulness? What do I get? Then I realize that I am really no better than the Pharisees who criticized Jesus for healing on the Sabbath; so concerned with upholding the Law that they forgot the point of it all--the people that God entrusted to them to shepherd. Jesus isn't concerned about fairness (thank God!), he is concerned with restoring what was lost.

Thank you God for not treating me "fairly," I could never earn a fraction of what you have freely given to me.

Today's reading: Zech. 13-14; Ps. 147; Lk. 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home