Sunday, October 29, 2006

His Call - Mk. 4:25

"To those who are open to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But to those who are not listening, even what they have will be taken away from them." Mk. 4:25


This is one of those verses I am not sure what to do with. I definitely agree with the first part. As I spend more time in the word, both studying as well as just reading, I feel my understanding of God and his message to us continues to grow and deepen. I actually feel like I can really see the story from GOD'S perspective -- like I can feel his heart. It's hard to explain, but I love it! But that second part... Why would he take away what understanding I DO have, just because of my ignorance? It seems like he is taking away the only fighting chance I have. I don't get it, but it's his call.

Jesus, keep me from deception, help me to always see your truth, fill me with your wisdom.

Today's reading: Job 20; Mk. 3, 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home