Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sold Out - Phil. 1:13, 14, 18

"For everyone here, including all the soldiers in the palace guard, knows that I am in chains because of Christ."

"...whether or not their motives are pure, the fact remains that the message about Christ is being preached, so I rejoice." Phil. 1:13, 14, 18

The message I get from reading Philippians, is how sold out Paul is for Christ. He has COMPLETELY given himself over to WHATEVER Christ wants him to do. I get the feeling that he no longer has any "personal" desires left--his ONLY goal is that the gospel is preached and the Kingdom advanced. Regardless of whether he is alive or dead--whichever condition that was better for meeting this goal, he was OK with!! I am a spiritual wimp. Paul's example simply highlights how NOT sold out I am! But I will keep straining forward, "working toward the day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be."

I want to pray that God crushes my selfish desires; that he wipes out my worldly ambitions so that I can be as sold out as Paul. But at the same time I don't want to! This is how conflicted I am! I enjoy the things of this world, I want my cake and eat it too! I know I am serving two masters, God please help me in my weakness.

Today's reading: Phil. 1-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home