Friday, December 01, 2006

Groanings - Rom. 8:26, 27

"But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will." Rom. 8:26, 27

I love this translation!! I have read this verse a hundred times but never saw it this way. As a Christian, I have always had this question about whether I was praying in God's will. Scripture tells me that God hears ALL my prayers; that one reason I may not see the answer to some is because it was not in accordance with his will. What these verses tell me, is that when I am praying in the Spirit, I am ALWAYS praying in God's will! I may not know what I am praying, but so what?! If the prayers of a righteous man accomplishes much, then I know that if I am praying in the Spirit, IN GOD'S WILL, I am leveraging prayer to the max! It may be better that I don't know what I am praying, it keeps my selfish, sinful heart out of it -- it's not about me anyway.

Jesus, remind me to spend time with you in the Spirit. I want our communication to be pure.

Today's reading: Rom. 5-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home