Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Word Of God - 1Thess. 2:13

"...You accepted what we said as the very word of God--which, of course, it was." 1Thess. 2:13

I always accepted, by faith, that the parts of the bible that were not specifically spoken by Jesus were still the word of God. That, somehow, these 66 books were really a singular communication from God to man. But this is the first time I recall reading Paul saying, specifically, that his words were God's words. I know it was alluded to many times, but this verse just hit me today. I can have confidence that not only did God PERSONALLY commission Paul to preach to the Gentiles (me), but that his words are direct from God to us. Not that I really doubted, but how cool is that?!

Lord, I thank you for sending such a clear and direct message to us.

Today's reading: Mt. 28; 1Thess. 1-3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home