Monday, December 04, 2006

The Grand Plan - Eph. 1:4

"Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes." Eph. 1:4

What an enormous statement this is! Before the world was made, God loved me, chose me and saw me as faultless because of Christ?! This statement alone shows how incomprehensible God is. How does man get his head around this? Add to it predestination, God's sovereignty and man's choice and you either have science fiction or God's majesty -- I choose the latter. He goes on to say that this plan gave him pleasure... "pleasure," even knowing what he was going to suffer. All one can do (since we cannot comprehend) is fall face down and praise him. What an awesome God we serve!

Lord, I worship you as the God of the universe, Creator of all things -- my Savior.

Today's reading: Eph. 1-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home