Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Forest for the Trees - Acts 13:29

"The people in Jerusalem and their leaders fulfilled prophecy by condemning Jesus to death. They didn't recognize him or realize that he is the one the prophets had written about, though they hear the prophets' words read every Sabbath." Acts 13:29

While one MIGHT be able to understand the Jews of Jesus' time lacking the ability to recognize who he was (especially since they were fulfilling prophecy in so doing!), where does this leaves the Jews of today? In retrospect, the truth seems crystal clear. They still "hear the prophets' words read" that describe Jesus with undeniable clarity as being the Messiah, yet they still reject him. I know that I miss a lot of what God is doing all around me, but this is a biggie! As Habakkuk warned, "Look, you mockers, be amazed and die! For I am doing something in your day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it." Hab. 1:5

God, keep my eyes open to what you are doing, I don't want to miss you!

Today's reading: Lev. 1-3; Acts 13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home