Sunday, February 11, 2007

Predestined? - Acts 18:9-10

"One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, 'Don't be afraid! Speak out! Don't be silent! For I am with you, and no one will harm you because many people here in this city belong to me'" Acts 18:9-10

So God wanted Paul to stay and preach because, "many people here in this city" belonged to him. Stepping out on a theological limb, I take this verse to mean that there were people in this city who God knew before-hand would accept him IF they heard the gospel preached. They had choice, but he knew what their choice would be (I know, opening a can of worms here!) -- Paul just had to do his job and open his mouth (see yesterday's post). Pretty cool that it is not my wisdom or knowledge that is responsible for leading people to salvation, only my obedience to be willing to not be afraid, speak out and not be silent. SEEMS simple...

God, give me the courage to be obedient when you call me to preach your word -- your people are waiting.

Today's reading: Lev. 15-17; Acts 18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home