Monday, March 26, 2007

Faith That Leads To Repentance - 1Cor. 10:32-33

"Don't give offense to Jews or Gentiles or the church of God... I try to please everyone in everything I do. I don't just do what I like or what is best for me, but what is best for them so they might be saved." 1Cor. 10:32-33

I'm not sure how good I am at this. I'd like to believe that I am, but at times I feel like a selfish , worldly person -- more interested in getting what I want than what others might think. I just kinda go into denial about the impact on others because I am more interested in me. There is a less condemning aspect of this as well: My gift of faith can often get in the way of my being empathetic to others. No, I am not blaming God, it is definitely my own weakness! My confidence in my salvation, and my faith in who I KNOW God to be, can lead me to be insensitive or impatient with others -- EXACTLY what this chapter was warning about, and definitely not the outcome God was hoping for!

Lord, I just don't know what to do about this one. You KNOW my heart, I do not want to be the cause of ANYONE stumbling. Yet I fear that my actions at times might do this very thing. I pray that you protect everyone I come in contact with from my insensitivity. Do not allow my actions to ever give anyone the wrong view of you. Help me to be an accurate reflection of you.

Today's reading: Josh. 21-22; Ps. 47; 1Cor. 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home