Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mind Reader - 1Cor. 2:11, 12

From 3/17/2007 reading:

"...and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And God has actually given us his Spirit so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us." 1Cor. 2:11, 12

I remember how much this verse blew me away the first time I read it. Who wouldn't want to know God's thoughts?! Isn't this the great quest of mankind? Well... if no one know God's thoughts except God's Spirit, and I have his Spirit in me, I know God's thoughts! Verse 15 as much states this. If this reality does not amaze you, nothing will--WE can know the thoughts of God, the Creator of all things!! This is the power of the gift God gave us in the Holy Spirit. Not only did he adopt us into his family giving us full rights as heirs; through the Spirit, he gave us the ability to understand his thoughts and the power to live a life on this earth the way HE directs.

Lord, thank you for sending your Holy Spirit, thank you for never leaving me alone.

Today's reading: Deut. 32-34; 1Cor. 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home