Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Greatest Story Ever Told? - Mk. 9:42

"But if anyone causes one of these little ones who trusts in me to lose faith, it would be better for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around the neck." Mk. 9:42

I was talking to a friend of mine today who is a carpenter, he told me that one of his painters said that when someone tells him that they are born again, it is a sure sign that he is going to lose money on the job. That is his singular thought when it comes to Christianity--THAT is sad! Another one of our friends who is a waitress, told us that Christians are the worst tippers, and she dreads working on Sunday afternoons for that reason. That makes me mad! These are the people Jesus was talking about in Mark 9--they are losing faith due to a Christian's witness. We have to be SO careful--we might very well be the only gospel that someone will read. It needs to be a great story!!

Jesus, I pray that I never cause another to stumble due to my actions -- help me to keep my focus on what is REALLY important.

Today's reading: Num. 30, 31; Mk. 9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home