Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Basic Training - Deut. 6:7

"Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up." Deut. 6:7

It used to kind of even irritate me. No matter where we were or what the circumstance, Alice was/is ALWAYS talking to our kids about God, and what HE would have them do in a given situation. They would roll their eyes and give her the expected answer--I was convinced it was all going in one ear and out another. As I spent more time in the Bible, I became convinced that she was doing the right thing--we had a responsibility, and God had his. I started consciously giving them biblical instructions for life circumstances. As time went by, we started getting reports from teachers, parents of their friends, our friends, relatives and even pastors, about the wise and Godly choices our kids were making. While not perfect, it became obvious that God was holding up his end of the bargain. It always amazes me how faithful he is!

Lord, I thank you for my kids. I pray that you give us the wisdom to instruct them properly, and that YOU will always hold them close and on your path.

Today's reading: Deut. 5, 6; Ps. 43; Mk. 14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home