Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My Share - Mat. 25:15

From 5/8/2007 reading:

"He gave five bags of gold to one, two bags of gold to another, and one bag of gold to the last--dividing it in proportion to their abilities--and then left on his trip." Mat. 25:15

It's the "in proportion to their abilities" part that scares me. It reminds me of another verse that says, "...to whom much has been given, much is expected..." I'm REAL good at following orders, if God tells me to do something, I'm on it! But how do I deal with this "proportion" and "much" stuff? Seems a little vague to me, and I hate the idea of not doing something that God is expecting of me--am I doing my share? Sometimes I wonder... because I have been given A LOT! Am I being wise with what has been given to me? Am I giving back proportionally? Will he say, "Well done"? Definitely a convicting set of verses.

Holy Spirit, keep my eyes open to the opportunities you put in front of me, kick me in the butt if you have to! I don't want to be a disappointment to you, and I don't want to squander the blessings you have poured out into my life.

Today's reading: 2Sam. 15, 16; Ps. 32; Mat. 25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home