Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mighty Warriors - 1Chron. 12:14

From 4/28/2007 reading:

"These warriors from Gad were army commanders. The weakest among them could take on a hundred regular troops, and the strongest could take on a thousand!" 1Chron. 12:14

From the exclamation point at the end of this verse, I take this as a declaration by the author: These men were absolutely incredible warriors! Unmatched in their skill; the best of the best, the elite. For a few chapters now there has been detailed description of some of the heroic exploits of David's mightiest warriors (David was no slouch himself!). For some reason, when I have read in the past about Israel going to battle, I never got a picture of phenomenally brave and skillful warriors. I don't know why that is, but the reading for the past three days has hammered the point home for me. These guys were virtually legendary warriors--their skills honed to near perfection. We don't experience this much in western civilization, but to watch these men in action must have been a sight to behold. Again, God provided EXACTLY what was necessary for the times!

Lord, thank you for providing such great examples of men who were willing to fight to the death for you. I pray that I use the skills you have given me with as much talent as your warriors of old.

Today's reading: 2Sam. 3; 1Chron. 12; Mt. 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home