Thursday, May 10, 2007

Who To Trust? - Ps. 56:3-4

"But when I am afraid, I put my trust in you. O God, I praise your word. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" Ps. 56:3-4

What great perspective to go through life with. David continues to show us an aspect of his character that is consistent throughout Psalms, and seems to allude most of us "mere mortals." When the going gets tough, David clings even tighter to God and his promises. He viewed God as his ONLY refuge in a world that could be unfair, even brutal. He knew that NO MATTER WHAT, God was on his side--a just and loving God, one who would never disappoint. Do we/I have this confidence in the face of adversity, or calamity? Or would we become, bitter, angry, disillusioned, or dare I say... lose faith? I don't even think any of these were even possibilities for David. To him God was, well... GOD. And he wasn't! End of story. He had absolute confidence that he served a God he could trust, and nothing that mere mortals could do would change his plans. He would simply wait. WOW! What a lesson!

Lord, I pray that you bless me with the unshakable faith that David had. Let me always stand firm for you and never lose confidence.

Today's reading: 2Sam. 18; Ps. 56; Mat. 27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home