Monday, November 12, 2007

Strength - 2Cor. 12

"Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2Cor. 12

I mistakenly read 2Cor. 12 instead of 1Cor. 12 -- LOVED it though! I am particularly taken by the sentence, "...I am quite CONTENT with my weaknesses... For when I am weak, then I am strong." I, like most, consider my weaknesses, well... weaknesses, or liabilities--failures on my part. Paul considers it strength, because then CHRIST is allowed to work instead of him trying to operate under his own power. Paul became "content" with the "thorn in his side." The sooner I can accomplish this in my own life, the sooner I eliminate one of Satan's greatest weapons against me.

Lord, this is a tough one. I am not good at this at all, and I am certain it is because of my pride. Show me how to be content with my failures and limitations, KNOWING that this is where Christ's strength can really be shown.

Today's reading: Job 37-38; 2Cor. 12 (really 1Cor. 12)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home