Thursday, November 23, 2006

Believe - Mat. 14:20

"They all ate as much as they wanted, and they picked up twelve baskets of leftovers." Mat. 14:20

Jesus used this miracle numerous times, and I don't believe that the only message was that he was ABLE to multiply the loaves and fish. Jesus told the disciples (and us) that we will do even greater things than he, but deep down I don't really think we believe it. God is driving a point home here: He can take what "little" we are, and use us to do huge and impossible things that result in abundance for the Kingdom. But we MUST believe! It is, at least in part, because of our unbelief that miracles do not occur. This was illustrated again with Peter walking on water until he looked around, got scared by the large waves, "realized" that he could not do this, and started to sink. What large waves am I being frightened by? Why do I doubt when I KNOW the truth?

Jesus, erase all doubt; help me to think, and believe, as big as you are.

Today's reading: Mat. 14-16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home