Thursday, December 07, 2006

Don't Eat, Don't Touch... - Col. 2:20, 21, 23

"So why do you keep following the rules of the world, such as, `Don't handle, don't eat, don't touch...' These rules may seem wise because they seem wise because they require strong devotion, humility, and severe bodily discipline. But they have no effect when it comes to conquering a person's evil thoughts and desires." Col. 2:20, 21, 23

In other words, any fixation on works is futile. The problem is, most of us are not wired to just accept a free gift and not feel like we have to perform; or, feel that the more we "do" for God, the closer we get to him, the more points we score. Christ died so we could have freedom, yet we have become experts at using that freedom to create brand new cages for ourselves! How crafty is the enemy we war against?! I need simplicity to see my way through my walk here on earth, and Christ gave me this as well: LOVE others more than myself, and I fulfill the WHOLE law (Rom. 13:8).

God, keep my focus OUTWARD--on OTHERS. Increase my capacity to love.

Today's reading: Col. 1-4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home