Monday, January 15, 2007

Treasures In Heaven - Lk. 15:31, 32

"Look dear son, you and I are very close, and everything I have is yours. We have to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost, but now he is found!" Lk. 15:31, 32

In so many ways I can relate to the brother in this parable--it doesn't seem fair, what about me?! As I look more closely, I notice that the father is simply celebrating a lost son's return, and restoring him to his rightful place in the family. A perfect illustration of heaven's response to every salvation. What it does not speak to is further reward once in heaven, which will be determined by our deeds here on earth. The father tells the son that, "...you and I are very close, and everything I have is yours..." He is obviously differentiating this son's reward from the other son, but not taking away the need to celebrate. What we do on earth indeed matters!

Lord, thank you for never ceasing to watch for my return, I have indeed been found! Continue to show me ways that I can be fruitful and productive; protect me from the lies of the enemy that tell me to live every day for myself.

Today's reading: Gen. 37, 38; Ps. 7; Lk. 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home