Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Purpose Driven Life - Acts 20:22-24

"And now I am going to Jerusalem, drawn there irresistibly by the Holy Spirit, not knowing what awaits me, except that the Holy Spirit has told me in city after city that jail and suffering lie ahead. But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love. Acts 20:22-24

I guess I am on one of those themes again. For the last few days it has been the simplicity of our role in spreading God's word. Wow! Are Paul's words convicting or what?! Here's what stands out to me:

DAILY LIVING driven purely by the Holy Spirit, ungoverned by ANY planning concerns--If God says go, he goes; NO FEAR of what circumstances the world might deal out; his life is NOT HIS OWN, it is God's; God has a work assignment PRE-PLANNED for him; LIFE is all about SPREADING the word (sowing seed-see previous posts).

It's not complicated, but because I am human, it's not easy either. God keep my PURPOSE front and center daily.

Today's reading: Lev. 20-22; Acts 20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home