Thursday, March 29, 2007

But a Breath... - Ps. 39:6, 7

"We are all moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing. We heap up wealth for someone else to spend. And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you." Ps. 39:6, 7

Later on in this chapter David writes, "For I am your guest--a traveler passing through." It would do me good to realize more often how fleeting life is on this earth. It should cause me to stop all my rushing about and wonder, "If my existence is 'frail as breath,' yet God put me on this planet for a purpose, am I accomplishing it? Or am I just occupying space?" I am sure that it is no coincidence that yesterday's and today's readings in the NT were 1Cor. 12-13; the importance of the body, and the overriding significance of love. I HAVE a purpose and a role to play, and have been given special abilities to accomplish it with love. Am I playing my part? Or am I simply sitting in the audience?

God, help me to keep my life in your perspective; focused on your purposes.

Today's reading: Judg. 4, 5; Ps. 39, 41; 1Cor. 13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home