Saturday, September 22, 2007

He Hears... In Real Time - Dan. 9:23; 10:12

"The moment you began praying, a command was given... Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven." Dan. 9:23; 10:12

I have to admit it, I have my moments of doubt. Are my prayers REALLY being heard? Is it doing any good? What about that, "if it's his will" thing? Bottom line is that I am physical man trying to comprehend spiritual things; and while I "know" I have been given the mind of Christ to discern these things, it can still be a challenge. It requires faith, which I DO have, but sometimes the gap between these two worlds just seems so huge. Today's reading, and these verses specifically, RADICALLY close that gap. "The moment..." is about as immediate as you get, and that hit me hard. Not only does he hear every prayer even as it is leaving my lips, he is just as intimately knowledgeable about every sin I commit and/or try to rationalize away. The picture of the spiritual battle that is constantly raging is just as instructive (Dan. 10:20-21)--if I could actually see this battle with my own eyes, would I act differently? Whose side am I on anyway?!

God, thank you for giving me a glimpse into the heavenly realm--sometimes I forget... Build my faith, and keep a visual in front of me as I pray so I can stay focused on the REAL battle at hand.

Today's reading: Dan. 9, 10; Ps. 123; Lk. 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home