Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rate Of Return - Lk. 6:38

"If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving--large or small--it will be used to measure what is given back to you." Lk. 6:38

Put another way, this says you can't out give God. In fact, it seems to indicate that he will actually give back more than your original gift. In my business, we call that, "Rate Of Return." While God does not quantify what that rate is, he does describe it: It is overflowing and abundant; and it is a RELATIVE measure depending on your attitude toward giving. I am, at best, an inconsistent giver--at least in my heart, and THAT is where it really matters.

God, continue to transform my heart and my values to your's. Show me how to continue to press forward in the areas of my life that you are shining your light on.

Today's reading: Dan. 11, 12; Lk. 6

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, I finally got around again to checking the resource links and see you are back on. I'll peek in and out to get a feel on how to do journaling a bit better. thanks, Cliff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home