Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ambassadors - 2Cor. 6:3

"We try to live in such a way that no one will be hindered from finding the Lord by the way we act, and so no one can find fault with our ministry." 2Cor. 6:3

I often wonder how I am doing in my walk relative to this verse. Obviously, my hope is that my life will point others toward Christ--at the very least it should not be leading people astray! But it's hard to picture how others see you... and our view of ourselves is obviously biased. Am I sending mixed images of Christ to the world by the way I live? In 2Cor. Paul is painting a picture of the Christian who has completely submitted EVERY aspect of his life to Christ--it is no longer he who lives, but Christ living through him. This being the objective, I often feel far from success. I am far too carnal and materialistic, I want to live for Christ and enjoy the world at the same time. Am I trying to "serve two masters"? This is difficult for me to reconcile. I know that God knows my heart when I am a less than perfect ambassador, but there are times when that is not even a comforting thought.

Holy Spirit, I pray that you shine your light on those areas of my life that need your transforming work, then fill me with the power to do something about it!

Todays reading: 2Cor. 3-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home