Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Fairness" Defined - Mat. 20:13-15

"He answered one of them,' Friend, I haven't been unfair! Didn't you agree to work all day for the usual wage? Take it and go. I wanted to pay this last worker the same as you. Is it against the law for me to do what I want with my money? Should you be angry because I am kind?"'
Mat. 20:13-15

Funny how we automatically look at this as unfairness to the worker as opposed to KINDNESS by the owner--I know I did the first time I read this. What a great salvation message! Who wants fairness from a perfect God?! What would define fair? Would I measure up? It's doubtful. I am very content serving a kind and merciful God -- I am thankful that "fairness" is not part of the equation!

Lord, thank you for inviting me to your feast even though I know I am not worthy.

Today's reading: Mat. 20-22

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Terry said...

Amen, Very Thankful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home