Friday, February 22, 2008

God Answers - Prov. 27:20-21; Ps. 27:7-8

I had an interesting experience with God today: I accidentally read Prov. 27 instead of Ps. 27. While I was reading Proverbs I decided to write about vs. 20-21 because they SO speak to my weakness:

"Just as Death and Destruction are never satisfied, so human desire is never satisfied. Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but a person is tested by being praised." Prov. 27:20-21

Then I decided to read Ps. 27 (because I believe that there are no such things as "accidents" when it comes to God), and it was beautiful because it was God responding to the attacks of the enemy described in Prov. 27!

"Listen to my pleading, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me.' And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming.'" Ps. 27:7-8

In this world, attacks will come; God says simply, "Come and talk with me."

Lord, I am coming.

Today's reading: Num. 10-11; Ps. 27; Mk. 1

1 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger Alice Remedios said...

what an amazing verse in Proverbs. Isn't it amazing to see how God orchestrates every detail of our life? Thank you for sharing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home