Friday, February 15, 2008

Secure - Acts 21:26

From 2/14/2008 reading:

"So Paul agreed to their request, and the next day he went through the purification ritual with the men and went to the Temple." Acts 21:26

When I read this, I can't help but feel that Paul "caved" to the demands of the apostles who were trying to appease Jewish converts. But as I give it further thought and consideration, I can see that Paul was so secure in his salvation and the power of the gospel, that as long as he was not compromising the salvation message, he was OK going along with the cultural traditions. The point is moot as it obviously didn't work -- they tried to kill him! Were these Jewish Christians as mentioned earlier in the chapter, or were these traditional Jews? It makes a difference!

Lord, make it clear where compromise is OK, I don't want to win the battle but lose the war!

Today's reading: Lev. 23-24; Ps. 24; Acts 21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home