Saturday, January 19, 2008

Time Management - Lk.19:11

"And because he was nearing Jerusalem, he told a story to correct the impression that the Kingdom of God would begin right away." Lk. 19:11

I always thought the purpose behind the story of the ten servants was to help us understand that what we actually DO with what God has blessed us with is important. And while Jesus certainly uses it for that purpose, he states here that his primary purpose was to correct a misconception about when the Kingdom of God would begin. I never noticed this. The message is, it won't be happening soon, so get to work and be responsible with what God has given you; it's OK to take risks for God, in fact, he expects it. Oh, and by the way, those people who don't want me to be their King, execute them! Jesus made his message quite clear in this story.

Jesus, help me to always be able to see clearly you blessings in my life. Don't allow me to deceive myself as to the source; show me what you want done with what you have given me.

Today's reading: Gen. 47, 48; Ps. 10; Lk. 19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home